The trucking industry in Washington has a high injury rate, and it's not all a result of moving violations. Surprisingly, most trucking injuries in Washington occur when the truck is not moving or when the driver is away from the driver's seat. Common injuries include:
- Musculoskeletal injuries from overexertion.
- Back or knee injuries from falling out of the cab or trailer.
- Back strains from improper lifting or handling team-lift items alone.
Don't Get Run Off the Road by High Premiums
In the state of Washington, the rates that transportation employers are required to pay are based upon the degrees of hazard that their employees face daily. As an owner/operator within the trucking industry, this can translate into hefty premiums.
At ASKE Insurance Advisors, we work to keep rates low for our customers. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff is standing by to answer your questions and to help you find the right insurance to fit your needs.
Know Your Options
If you're an owner/operator, there are insurance options you may want to consider. While your truck may be covered when you're actively working for an employer, during your downtime, or when you're driving independently, you'll need protection that could include:
- Primary Liability Insurance: This insurance pays for damages and injuries to another driver if you're in an accident and are found at-fault.
- General Liability Insurance: This is the insurance that covers your truck when you're not driving it. Coverage may include damage incurred while parked at rest areas or truck stop parking lots. It may also cover vandalism and damages while loading and off-loading freight.
- Non-Trucking Liability: Every driver needs downtime, and if your truck becomes damaged while it's parked at home, you'll still need coverage. That's where non-trucking liability insurance could help you out of a bind.
When you're ready to talk trucking and transportation insurance, ASKE Insurance Advisors is prepared to listen. Give us a call today.