Types of Insurance Offered in Washington
Businesses in the state can take advantage of different insurance options depending on their industry and their needs. An agent at ASKE Insurance Advisors can help you find the right policy.
- General Liability Insurance: This insurance will protect your business from personal and advertising injury claims, property damage claims, and bodily injury claims that can put your assets at risk. It will protect you and the business if a client injures himself or herself in the store or an employee accidentally damages a client’s property.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: This insurance is required for every worker in the state, even part-time workers. It will cover benefits to employees for injuries or illnesses related to work, including medical care and lost wages. It can also provide a deceased worker’s family members with benefits and cover their legal fees.
- Data Breach Insurance: This insurance helps cover the costs related to a security breach. With cyber-attacks increasing, it’s essential to have this type of insurance. Businesses need to respond quickly to minimize any impact after a data breach.
- Property Insurance: This will protect your business’ personal property. It’s not just the building in which your business is located. It can also cover equipment and inventory that is in the building.
- Business Owner’s Policy: A BOP can be modified to meet the needs of your business. It combines general liability coverage with business property insurance to protect you from several things that can damage your business.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: This will help cover the costs that result from an auto accident in a company car. If your employees are driving on the job, you will need commercial auto insurance to stay in compliance with the state’s minimum requirements. You aren’t able to rely on just your employees' personal insurance.
How to Get Business Insurance
You can get many different insurance types through a private agent in Washington. However, to purchase workers compensation insurance, you need to buy a policy through the state-run fund.
Contact ASKE Insurance Advisors to get a quote on different commercial insurance options for your business.